Thanksgiving is one of my favorite American holidays. Mostly because it involves lots of food and Turkey and reminds me to be grateful. Long weekend, good food, plus Black Friday shopping is awesome! I spent Thanksgiving with my American In-laws again this year. There was lots of food, chaos and fun.
Lucky for us they have Thanksgiving dinner on the Saturday after the official Thanksgiving Day. That makes it so much easier for traveling and we get to do Black Friday shopping the day before.
This year I was all shopped out on Black Friday. I didn’t think I could get tired of buying stuff both in stores and online but I was.
Some of the things I’m thankful for this year are (in no specific order)
- Food – It is Turkey day and I love food. Especially if it gets cooked for me.
- My husband – This is our first Thanksgiving being married 🙂
- Family – Both my new and old family are great.
- Friends – Again both old and new are awesome. I do still miss my friends from Trinidad.
- My Education – Glad I went to school and got both MS and BS in electrical engineering. Thankfully no one can take my education away from me.
- My health – Glad to be healthy. Still need to make time to exercise more, but I’m still in pretty good shape thanks to Kickboxing and good diet.
- My Job – Even though it’s not the greatest, it’s always better to be working and making money than not.