Here are some of my tips for travelling internationally.
Before your trip:
- Do research on your destination. TripAdvisor usually has good reviews for hotels and things to do.
- Avoid paying extra fees by getting a credit card with no foreign transaction fees and has an EMV chip.
I have a Chase Sapphire Card that I use for travel. It does have an annual fee though. Another great option is Bank of America’s BankAmericard Travel Rewards which has no annual fees. I may switch over and get one of those eventually.
- Verify your passport and required Visas are valid and not near their expiration dates.
- Remember to bring your Passport and tickets. Keep scanned copies of your passport and visa on a secured cloud storage medium.
- Carry a pen with you.
- Keep spare clothes in your carry on luggage in case your checked bag gets separated from you.
- Bring entertainment with you. Books, tablet, games, music, etc. Purchase airplane WiFi internet package if needed