Here are some of my tips for travelling internationally.
Before your trip:
- Do research on your destination. TripAdvisor usually has good reviews for hotels and things to do.
- Avoid paying extra fees by getting a credit card with no foreign transaction fees and has an EMV chip.
I have a Chase Sapphire Card that I use for travel. It does have an annual fee though. Another great option is Bank of America’s BankAmericard Travel Rewards which has no annual fees. I may switch over and get one of those eventually.
- Verify your passport and required Visas are valid and not near their expiration dates.
- Remember to bring your Passport and tickets. Keep scanned copies of your passport and visa on a secured cloud storage medium.
- Carry a pen with you.
- Keep spare clothes in your carry on luggage in case your checked bag gets separated from you.
- Bring entertainment with you. Books, tablet, games, music, etc. Purchase airplane WiFi internet package if needed
At the airport:
- Arrive > 2 hours before your flight at departing airport
- Check in your travel suitcase. Keep your bags under 50 lbs.
- Go through airport security as soon as you can. You can relax and eat after the security checkpoint if you need to.
- Fill out customs card on airplane with pen.
- Exit airplane at your destination airport.
- Find your correct baggage claim area and collect your checked suitcase.
- Go to airport security and collect passport stamp.
- Go through customs line and declare any items you need to.
- Keep a close eye on your suitcase, wallet and passport.
Enjoy your trip and stay safe!
If you have questions or any more tips of your own please leave a comment.
Leave a Reply