Fresh Shrimp Spring Rolls
Easy to make fresh shrimp spring rolls
Write a review
- Round sheets of rice paper
- Pre-cooked shrimp. (2 shrimp per rice paper roll)
- Bean sprouts
- Vermicelli noodles
- Fresh Mint leaves
- Fresh Cilantro
- Lime juice
- Peanut sauce
Prepare the precooked shrimp
- Sprinkle lime juice all over shrimp.
- Let the shrimp sit in the lime juice in the fridge till needed for the rolls.
- Chop the mint leaves and cilantro.
Prepare the noodles
- Boil enough water to cover the noodles. Do not add noodles to the pot yet.
- After the water is boiling, remove from heat and carefully add the noodles and let them soften in the hot water.
Prepare rice paper rolls
- Boil 5 cups of water in a medium-sized saucepan, then remove from heat and let cool to a warm temperature. Make sure your water is not too hot or your rice paper will break apart!
- Once your water has cooled to a warm temperature, take one rice paper and dip it completely in the warm water for about 10-20 seconds, or until flexible and sticky.
- Place rice paper flat on a smooth plate.
Assemble the roll
- Place 2 shrimps in the middle.
- Add a few pieces of mint and cilantro pieces.
- Add some bean sprouts.
- Add a small amount of noodles on top.
- Gently fold your rice paper burrito style. Fold in the sides then the bottom then roll it up. Seal off your roll by folding the rice paper completely, and place on a serving plate.
- Repeat until you have your desired amount of spring rolls.
- Dip in peanut sauce and enjoy!
Sunita Girl http://www.sunitagirl.com/