Mom's Macaroni Pie
Crowd pleaser macaroni pie that my mom sent instructions for how to make when I went away to college.
Write a review
- 1 Pyrex dish or deep foil dish needed
- 1 lb cheddar cheese (hard cheese) not soft
- 2pks Carnation milk
- 1 pk. macaroni (small/med.)
- 1pk. Crix or Dixie Biscuit crumbs (or any other Biscuit crumbs selling in the grocery)
- ¾ amt. of water in a sauce pan or deep boiling pot
- 1 Grater needed as well
- Grate cheese (first) ½ of it for mixing with the pie in the Fine side of (a grater) and ½ on the rough side of grater (for the top of the pie)
- Check in the grocery to see if they sell fresh rough and fine grated cheese. (Buy this instead of grater and cheese)
- Put ¾ pot of water to boil and then add some salt about one teaspoon( be careful not to burn yourself when straining the water in the sink )
- When the water is boiling (Break up macaroni in 4 to put it in the water (do not let fingers touch water to burn) Do it easy!
- Let boil for a while about 10 -15 mins. (not too soft) then strain it in a rice strainer or colander.
- Add fine grated cheese to strained, cooked macaroni and add 1pk. of carnation milk and a pinch of salt. Then stir with a spoon.
- Put it in greased dish (grease dish with butter). Flatten it out.
- Then add course cheese on top (Add more carnation milk).
- Press down and put biscuit crumbs on top.
- Put in oven (center) at 325 degrees to bake for 30 mins. or (1/2 hour). Check and take out when golden brown (use gloves to take it out of the oven and place on mat).
- Let it cool and cut with bread knife when cool.
- N.B. Your father say for you to stay in the kitchen until it is finished or monitor the oven so you would not burn down the apartment. Also to make sure that the oven is coming on and coming off properly.
Sunita Girl http://www.sunitagirl.com/
Leave a Reply