Been a busy few months for Sunita Girl. After getting a new job, time to blog has been hard to find. Will post more about the job in another post.
We finally decided to buy a house. Our 2 bedroom apartment was pretty crowded with both of us and puppy so it was time to get a bigger place. Hopefully it will be a lot quieter too. Our neighbors are frequently noisy at night at our apartment.
Here’s some tips for moving to a new place.
- Fill out a Change of Address form with USPS so you don’t miss any mail
- Find out the emergency contact info for your utilities.
- Order checks and mailing labels with your new address
- Buy fire extinguisher. Also make sure your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are working
- Have an emergency escape plan
- Change air filters
- Replace all light bulbs with LED See my previous post about selecting the correct color
- Expoxy coat garage floor
- Make a homeowner’s journal with instruction manuals, insurance papers, repair/upgrade receipts
- Set up pest control and landscaping services
- Label your circuit breaker box
- Know where your main water valve is and how to turn it off in case of emergency.
- Get carpets steam cleaned